Posting Date: November 15, 2019
Closing Date: until position is filled
Hong Fook Mental Health Association is a community-based organization serving the Greater Toronto Area. We provide leadership in promoting the mental health of people in the Cambodian, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese communities. The Association helps people keep mentally healthy and manage mental illness. We achieve our mission through service, education, advocacy and research in a supportive environment.
Our service framework is based on a Whole Person, and is built on the core values of Equity, Diversity, Cultural Competence, Empowerment, Capacity Building, Community Participation, Self Help and Mutual Support.
Position: Mental Health Worker – Mandarin (12 months contract)
We are seeking a Mental Health Worker who enjoys working in a team environment serving clients with severe and persistent mental illness from the Mandarin and Cantonese-speaking communities.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Support clients’ recovery through the provision of intensive case management services including: client-centred assessments, treatment, rehabilitation and support services; and working with families to promote mutual support, capacity building and
- Perform central intake functions including screening calls and other forms of referrals and determines whether the client meets eligibility criteria; performing assessments on the need for services and facilitates access to the appropriate
- Facilitate linkages between clients and community resources and collaborating with appropriate service providers or community
- Identify issues and provide advice, consultation, support and information to consumers, their families, service providers and the community on mental health and related
- Address barriers that impact on the Asian communities’ ability to access mental health services.
- Participate in providing education to community service providers and other stakeholders regarding culturally responsive
- Maintain effective and timely documentation of client
- Full-time 12 month contract, working 5 hours per week
- Office work and community settings, which include meetings at clients’ homes and travel with clients
- Flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
Skills & Qualifications:
- Social Work degree or
- Current registration with OCSWSSW or is eligible for the OCSWSSW
- At least 2 years of case management experience and/or front-line experience with vulnerable
- Sound clinical skills, including assessment, intervention, advocacy, psycho-education, supportive counseling, and life skills
- Sound group work and community work
- An understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation
- Knowledge of mental illness, medications and ability to assist clients with symptom
- Knowledge of community resources and
- Excellent communication
- Professionalism and strong team
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills .
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin is a
- Competence in relevant computer applications particularly Microsoft
- A valid Canadian driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is a
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural
- A satisfactory result of Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a requirement of this
Qualified applicants may apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an inclusive employer. If contacted for an interview, please let us know if you have any needs.
We thank all candidates for your interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.