The Foundation supports highly demanded, yet under-funded programs and services, aiming to transform stigma, improve timely service access, and embrace changes and healing. With the funding raised, we are able to support:
- 2,258unique clients were served through 19,996 meetings, home visits, phone calls with Intake, Case Management and Housing Support;
- 339 unique clients were empowered in their recovery journey through the newly launched Recovery College courses, a wide range of Leisure Clubs, Lunch Program and special ESL classes;
- 416 unique youth and 188unique parents were engaged through the Hong Fook Youth and Family Hub programs;
- 140unique family members and caregivers were supported through six family groups co-led by family peers and staff;
- 5,419contacts were reached out through 310 sessions of Prevention and Promotion workshops and activities in the community;
- 376 settlement workers were trained through the bilingual (English and French) province-wide professional trainings.
There is much more Hong Fook could do to create a multicultural community that understands mental health and accepts mental illness. We need you to take this mental health journey together with us through donating today.
Click below to read some of the clients who have shared their stories in hopes of helping others on their journey. Mental health illness can affect anyone, but one does not have to be alone in this fight. Together, we can help them and their loved ones to face mental health issues. Your donation directly enhances the programs that so many, like these clients, have benefited from.
Read these impact stories and draw from their experiences. Know that you have help right here at Hong Fook as we are here to support you in “Taking the Mental Health Journey Together”.
a cancer survivor’s battle with depression and her journey to recover
a mother’s personal neglect and her journey to understand her needs
a youth’s attempts at suicide and her journey to overcome
a worker’s exhaustion and his journey to create a healthy balance