Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important commitment of HF Connecting Health Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic (HFCH NPLC) to its clients and other service users. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to HFCH NPLC's daily operations.
HFCH NPLC strives to protect and respect the personal information of its clients, employees, volunteers, students, consultants and community partners, etc. in accordance with all applicable provincial and federal laws. Each staff member of HFCH NPLC must abide by this organization's procedures and practices when handling personal information.
This Website Privacy Information informs everyone of HFCH NPLC's commitment to privacy and establishes the methods by which privacy is ensured. This Website Privacy Information applies to all personal information within HFCH NPLC’s possession and control.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records,
opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to: HFCH NPLC, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing HFCH NPLC to collect, use, and disclose the individual's personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this Website Privacy Information.
Website Privacy Procedures
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the website or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- The options available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under HFCH NPLC's possession and control.
- How an individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in his/her personal information.
- HFCH NPLC may share compiled demographic information with its community partners and/or funders, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This website may contain links to other sites, but HFCH NPLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations' sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, HFCH NPLC will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, the individual should notify HFCH NPLC as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should HFCH NPLC deny an individual's request for access to his/her personal information, HFCH NPLC will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- HFCH NPLC may use personal information without the individual's consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- HFCH NPLC is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal law, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
Any questions or concerns regarding this Website Privacy Information can be addressed by contacting HF Connecting Health Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic.
Or directly to the Privacy Officer:
Cheuk Fai Law
Lead Nurse Practitioner
HFCH NPLC will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information and will address concerns to the best of its abilities.