About Us and Our Team
A Nurse Practitioner-Led clinic (NPLC) in Ontario is an innovative primary health care delivery model funded by Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, in which Nurse Practitioners (NPs) are the lead providers of care within an inter-professional health team and supporting staff. NPLCs improve access to care and focus on the quality of care through enhanced health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management and other ailments for clients of all ages that do not currently have a primary health care provider.
What is Nurse Practitioner?
A NP is registered nurse with advanced university education and clinical training. NPs work both independently and in collaboration with other health professionals to take care clients’ mental, emotional, physical and social aspects of their health needs within the nursing scope of practice.
What does a NP do?
- Provide services in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Interpretation services are available if needed
- Diagnose illnesses and injuries
- Perform health wellness annual check-ups
- Order and interpret laboratory, diagnostic and other screening tests
- Provide holistic counseling and education
- Prescribe medications and immunizations
- Perform minor office procedures such as Pap test, ear irrigation, suture and etc.
- Manage stable chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma and mental illnesses
- Manage pre- and postnatal care and well baby visits
- Refer clients to other health care professionals and specialists as needed
Equitable access to primary health care.
We provide team-based primary care accessible to all including clients with complex mental health needs
We partner with patients, families, and community to promote wellness
We build capacity for culturally responsive care:
We achieve our mission through:
- Education – We provide programs and resources to support individuals reach their physical and mental health goals
- Advocacy – We maximize service capacity to meet the growing needs of our community
- Evidence informed practice – We incorporate best practice in our clinical work to optimize service quality
Our team consists of dedicated and committed medical professionals that serve to ensure the highest quality of health care is provided to you and your family. We have a range of culturally and linguistically experienced staff to assist you from
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Dietitian
- Registered Social Worker
- Health Promoter
- Collaborating Physicians and psychiatrists
- Medical Secretaries and supporting staff