Special Notice: Stage 3 Re-Opening at Hong Fook
Issued on August 28, 2020
Hong Fook Mental Health Association is very pleased to announce our Stage 3 Re-Opening Plan effectively on September 8, 2020.
- Midland Office (3320 Midland Ave., Suite 201) and North York Office (1751 Sheppard Ave. E., G/F) will be RE-OPENED with regular hours from Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm (no walk-ins accepted until further notice).
- The current Downtown Office (130 Dundas St. W., 3rd) will be CLOSED permanently. The new Downtown Office will be relocated to the Kwong Centre of Mental Health and Wellness (407 Huron St.). The building construction is completed and the interior renovation will start soon. The opening notice is expected to send out this winter.
- Markham Youth and Family Hub (Dorcas Centre, 2667 Bur Oak Ave.) remains CLOSED, except for the scheduled groups and programs.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- One-on-one appointments: Client’s appointments may continue to be virtual (by phone or video) or in person, depending on staff’s and client’s circumstance. The in-person appointments follow the procedure below:
- Clients will be called 24-48 hours in advance of their appointment to answer our COVID-19 pre-screening questions.
- Clients are required to wear a face covering or mask that covers their nose and mouth when they enter in the office and during their appointment time. Masks are available at the reception for clients who don’t have one.
- Upon entering, clients have to use the hand sanitizer immediately and sign in.
- The reception will do a review of the COVID-19 Questionnaire (translated versions available). Our aim is to have the client seen with little or no waiting time, to comply with social distancing.
- Clients have to sign out and apply hand sanitizer when leaving the office.
- Group programs: Hong Fook will offer group programs both on-site and virtually. Please visit Hong Fook’s website and social media platforms for program details.
- Website hongfook.ca
- Facebook @HongFookMentalHealthAssociation
- Instagram @HongFookMHA
Hong Fook operates in accordance with all applicable laws, including Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations made under it, and in compliance with the advice, recommendations and instructions of public health officials. Should you have any question, please call us at 416-493-4242. Thank you.