Job Title: Financial Officer (full time permanent)
Divisions: Finance and Corporate Services
Report to: Executive Director
Date: April 20, 2017
A. JOB SUMMARY:
1. The position reports to the Executive Director and will play a critical role in the collaborative development and implementation of the financial strategy of the Association and the Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
2. The position will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values through strong leadership
3. This position will be an advisor to the other managers, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plan and ensuring alignment with strategic and operational planning.
4. This position is a key contributor to organizational leadership as a member of the management team and will be required to demonstrate proven ability to grow an organization as well as ability to acquire new funding and develop new opportunities.
B. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership to the organization’s internal and external financial reporting and budgeting, cash flow and investment, accounting staff, payroll administration, and annual audit.
2. Strategizes in collaboration with the management team to ensure that all Finance policies, procedures and practices are implemented, meeting all legislative requirements and the needs of the Association and the Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
3. Develops and implement Finance and Accounting policies and processes to ensure support strategies and adherence with legislation
4. Oversees the preparations of financial reports and statements, reviews them as appropriate to identify issues and trends, as well as presentation to the Board and Finance Committees
5. Manage the organization’s funded projects, partnership and service agreements; manage relationships with external contractors and suppliers
6. Identifies and brings forward to the management team financial and administrative issues as appropriate and provides recommendations for action; participates in problem-solving, brainstorming and bringing forward proposed solutions to a range of issues
7. Researches alternative funding sources and prepares funding proposals, in collaboration with the management team and members of the Finance and Human Resources Committee and private consultants, that are tied to achievement of the organization’s vision and mission, and that promote its values and empowerment/recovery principles
8. Builds positive relationships with the Local Health Integration Networks (LHIN) and various government ministries, United Way and other funders to advance the organization’s vision, mission and values
9. Ensures effective monitoring and evaluation strategies are in place to promote a continuous quality improvement culture;
10. Provides well developed reports and documents for the Executive Director and Board as required for effective evidence-based decision-making
11. Takes the co-leadership role in organizational planning in preparation for accreditation processes
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
C. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
・Professional accounting designation, CPA, CA or CGA preferred
1. Minimum five years progressed experience, including leadership and strategic experience in finance.
2. Work experience in community health or mental health environment or not-for-profit sector an asset
3. Experience working with a Board and in community relations
4. Experience in preparing government funding reports, especially with CE LHIN, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Housing, Region of York and United Way of Toronto York Region.
1. Advanced knowledge of a range of financial software applications (e.g. GP Dynamics, Quadrant HRIS)
2. Knowledge and proficiency with financial management skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in planning, evaluation and quality monitoring systems.
4. A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
5. Knowledge of community based mental health care, social determinants of health, public policy within the mental health sector, current issues and resources is preferred
1. Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being followed
2. An innovative thinker with entrepreneurial ambitions
3. Proposal writing skills
4. Well-developed leadership skills
5. Highly developed organizational skills
6. Excellent decision making, problem solving, conflict management and time management skills
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Excellent interpersonal skills including flexibility and a positive attitude
9. Candidates with a proficiency in English and one of the East and Southeast Asian communities (Cambodian, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese) languages are strongly encouraged to apply
D. WORK HOURS
・Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekend as needed.
・Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license is required
・Salary is commensurate with experience
Qualified applicants may apply with a resume and cover letter before May 5, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 416-493-2214.
We are an inclusive employer. If contacted for an interview, please let us know if you have any needs.
We thank all candidates for your interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.